Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How to make a Red Ant Angel... AkA the Red Ant Destroyer!

Yupper...  the picture says it all!!!  Ok, so I just read about this and it makes PERFECT sense!  If you live in Florida you know that red ants SUCK!!!!  They are everywhere and as soon as you treat one anthill, they just pick up and move a couple feet over because you never get the QUEEN!  Good times, NOT!!!  So, before the next rain...  grab some instant grits (Confession... I had to go buy some because I haven't eaten them since I was a kid, and my husband being from Canada had NO IDEA what the even are)  Anywho, back to my story!!!  Take a pack of instant grits and sprinkle it over the anthill. In theory, the ants will carry these delightful grits back through the anthill and to their queen.  Then, it rains and here comes the fun part!  The movie theater popcorn effect as I call it!  The queen gets thirsty, drinks the rain and BLOATS up because of the grits and DIES!!!  Thus the red ant angel, and I just thought it was a cute pic!  Kind of like the old Seagull & Alka Seltzer effect, but don't try that one, no seriously DON'T!!  This article would've been super awesome to have read before Tropical Storm Isaac, but still great to know!  Going to try it as soon as the next storm approaches, let me know if you use it and if it works!!!!  Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. Well one thing is for sure, if it doesn't work you painted a super funny picture of what could happen to the queen. Hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete